Updated at 2021-15-06
We collect and process your personal data in compliance with applicable laws and regulations and in particular with French Law No. 78-17 of January 6, 1978, known as “Informatique et Libertés” and the General Data Protection Regulation No. 2016/79 of April 27, 2016.
1. Definitions and key terms
● Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, and remember information about you such as your language preference or login information.
● Country: where Freely or the owners/founders of Freely are based, in this case France.
● Customer: refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the Freely Service.
● Device: any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit Freely and use the services.
● IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
● Personnel: refers to those individuals who are employed by Freely or are under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the parties.
● Personal Data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
● Service: refers to the service provided by Freely as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
● Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
● Website: Freely’s site, which can be accessed via this URL: https://www.freely.tax/
● You: a person or entity that is registered with Freely to use the Services.
2. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you visit our website/app, register on our site, subscribe to our newsletter, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
● First and last names
● Email Address
3. How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
● To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
● To improve our website/app (we continually strive to improve our website/app offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
● To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
● To process transactions
● To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
● To send periodic emails
4. When does Freely use end user information from third parties?
Freely will collect End User Data necessary to provide the Freely services to our customers.
End users may voluntarily provide us with information they have made available on social media websites. If you provide us with any such information, we may collect publicly available information from the social media websites you have indicated. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
5. When does Freely use customer information from third parties?
We receive some information from the third parties when you contact us. For example, when you submit your email address to us to show interest in becoming a Freely customer, we receive information from a third party that provides automated fraud detection services to Freely. We also occasionally collect information that is made publicly available on social media websites. You can control how much of your information social media websites make public by visiting these websites and changing your privacy settings.
6. Do we share the information we collect with third parties?
- We may share the information that we collect, both personal and non-personal, with third parties such as advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you. We may also share it with our current and future affiliated companies and business partners, and if we are involved in a merger, asset sale or other business reorganization, we may also share or transfer your personal and non-personal information to our successors-in-interest.
- We may engage trusted third party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and the website/app, database storage and management, e-mail management, storage marketing, credit card processing, customer service and fulfilling orders for products and services you may purchase through the website/app. We will likely share your personal information, and possibly some non-personal information, with these third parties to enable them to perform these services for us and for you.
- We may share portions of our log file data, including IP addresses, for analytics purposes with third parties such as web analytics partners, application developers, and ad networks. If your IP address is shared, it may be used to estimate general location and other technographics such as connection speed, whether you have visited the website/app in a shared location, and type of the device used to visit the website/app. They may aggregate information about our advertising and what you see on the website/app and then provide auditing, research and reporting for us and our advertisers.
- We may also disclose personal and non-personal information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in order to respond to claims, legal process (including subpoenas), to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations.
7. Where and when is information collected from customers?
Freely will collect personal information that you submit to us. We may also receive personal information about you from third parties as described above.
8. How do we use your email address?
By submitting your email address on this website/app, you agree to receive emails from us. You can cancel your participation in any of these email lists at any time by clicking on the opt-out link or other unsubscribe option that is included in the respective email. We only send emails to people who have authorized us to contact them, either directly, or through a third party. We do not send unsolicited commercial emails, because we hate spam as much as you do. By submitting your email address, you also agree to allow us to use your email address for customer audience targeting on sites like Facebook, where we display custom advertising to specific people who have opted-in to receive communications from us. Email addresses submitted only through the order processing page will be used for the sole purpose of sending you information and updates pertaining to your order. If, however, you have provided the same email to us through another method, we may use it for any of the purposes stated in this Policy. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
9. How long do we keep your information?
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide Freely to you and fulfill the purposes described in this policy. This is also the case for anyone that we share your information with and who carries out services on our behalf. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
10. How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, financials, etc.) is never kept on file. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the absolute security of any information you transmit to Freely or guarantee that your information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by a breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
11. Could my information be transferred to other countries?
Freely is incorporated in France. Information collected via our website, through direct interactions with you, or from use of our help services may be transferred from time to time to our offices or personnel, or to third parties, located in the European Union. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using any of the above, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such information
12. Is the information collected through the Freely Service secure?
The Company undertakes to take all useful precautions, organizational and technical measures appropriate to preserve the security, integrity and confidentiality of your Personal Data and in particular to avoid their destruction, loss, theft, alteration or unauthorized access.
In order to reinforce the security of your Personal Data, we invite you to choose a complex password and to take all precautions to keep it secret, to log out after each session, to avoid logging in on a computer that does not belong to you, and to avoid logging in to your account via a public wifi network.
13. Can I update or correct my information?
The rights you have to request updates or corrections to the information Freely collects depend on your relationship with Freely. Personnel may update or correct their information as detailed in our internal company employment policies.
You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our system. The need to back up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your information may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. Promptly after receiving your request, all personal information stored in databases we actively use, and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, changed or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as and to the extent reasonably and technically practicable.
If you are an end user and wish to update, delete, or receive any information we have about you, you may do so by contacting us at the following email address: [email protected]
14. Sale of Business
15. Governing Law
The laws of France, excluding its conflicts of law rules, shall govern this Agreement and your use of the website/app. Your use of the website/app may also be subject to other local, state, national, or international laws.
16. Your Consent
18. Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies
Wherever you’re located you may also set your browser to block cookies and similar technologies, but this action may block our essential cookies and prevent our website from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilize all of its features and services. You should also be aware that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences) if you block cookies on your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser, you should visit your browser’s help menu for more information.
19. Remarketing Services
We use remarketing services. What Is Remarketing? In digital marketing, remarketing (or retargeting) is the practice of serving ads across the internet to people who have already visited your website. It allows your company to seem like they’re “following” people around the internet by serving ads on the websites and platforms they use most.
21. Third-Party Services
22. Tracking Technologies
● Local Storage
Local Storage, sometimes known as DOM storage, provides web apps with methods and protocols for storing client-side data. Web storage supports persistent data storage, similar to cookies but with a greatly enhanced capacity and no information stored in the HTTP request header.
23. Do Not Track
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express your preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties. We do not use technology that recognizes DNT signals from your web browser.
24. Children’s Information
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Via Email: [email protected]